2023 Summer Educational Symposium and Annual Business Meeting
Hosted by the LATA Executive Committee
The Renaissance of Baton Rouge - June 8-10, 2023
- 8A-12P: In-person Committee Meetings at The Renaissance
- 11A-4P: Registration Open
- 1P-4P: OLOL Cardiac Event (separate registration-3 CEU's)
- Join us as we partner with LSU Health Science for special CEU session that focuses on Heart conditions and Diagnostic Screening that will culminate with practice time in the simulation lab where you will be able to practice your ability to hear various heart sounds.
- This additional lecture series is limited to 30 registrants.
- 5246 Brittany Dr. Baton Rouge 70808
- 5P-6P: LATA Business Meeting (All Members Welcome)
- Meeting will be held in main ballroom at The Renaissance
- 7P: Welcome Social at The Renaissance
- Attendees will receive your 2 complementary drink tickets (with event registration) for beer and wine. Event will become cash bar after tickets are utilized.
Friday 6/9: (UP TO 8 CEU's)
- 8A-12P- Morning Lectures and Shoulder Lab (Breakfast Provided)
- 12P-1:30P- Awards Luncheon- All attendees welcome
- 1:30P-5:30P- Afternoon Lectures (Snacks Provided)
- 7P-9P- HALL OF FAME EVENT
- (Ticket included with event registration, or a guest ticket can be purchased for an extra charge)
Saturday 6/10: (UP TO 4 CEU's)
- 8A-12P- Morning Lectures (Breakfast Provided)
Full Academic Agenda to be linked here once complete
- Hotel Reservations can be made online with the link here.
- Address: 7000 Bluebonnet Boulevard Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70810
- Room Rate: $134/night when booking by May 15, 2023
Learning Objectives (list subject to change and additions)
- Identify risk factors for drug abuse
- Select appropriate special tests to perform during a shoulder evaluation in a throwing athlete
- Identify current surgical trends in ACL reconstructions
- Demonstrate appropriate rehabilitation techniques in throwing athletes
- Formulate appropriate treatment return to learn protocols post-concussion
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a concussion
- Distinguish what needs to be included in a comprehensive sports medicine program
Early registration for the Symposium will open on April 11, 2023 (closes June 3, 2023) and will be based on the individual's current membership status with the LATA (questions regarding membership should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE processing online registration):
TARGET AUDIENCE: Athletic Trainers
According to the educational levels described by the NATA's Professional Education Committee, this continuing education symposia offered is considered to be "Essential/Advanced" Levels
Education Symposium Cancellation/refund policy
Cancellations received at least 14 days before the event are 100% refundable; 0-14 days before the event are 50% refundable There will be no refund made the day of the event. If participants register and do not attend, they are still responsible for full payment. Participants will need to contact LATA Treasurer with a request for refund.
LATA will process the participant’s refund within 5-7 business days from the day the request is received.
Louisiana Athletic Trainers Association is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education (CE) to Certified Athletic Trainers.